Title: Assistant Cook
Reports To: Lead Cook
Primary duties include assisting the Lead Cook in day-to-day operations of the centralized kitchen. The Assistant Cook serves as back-up for the Lead Cook in his/her absence and must be able to manage kitchen effectively when required.
Diploma or Equivalent; 3 years+ experience.
• Physical and PPD less than 1 year old
• Criminal Background, FBI Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance less than 1 year old
• ServSafe certification a plus
• Ability to follow the instruction of the Supervisor in Charge and work well on a team.
• Ability to accept criticism and assist in resolving issues when needed
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and co-workers.
• Ability to exhibit excellent customer service skills at all times.
• Ability to display friendliness at all times.
• Ability to answer questions regarding the meals served.
• Knowledge of CACFP guidelines
• Knowledge of Federal and State Health, Safety and Food Regulations
• Assists in preparing lunch when needed as per food program guidelines.
• Prepares breakfast and snack for children as per food program guidelines.
• Assists in preparing meal delivery tickets and food labels for food distribution.
• Assists in Distributing meals/snacks and/or supplies, as required.
• Assists in maintaining a clean and organized kitchen (mops and sweeps floors, empties trash, wipes counters).
• Practices all health code and food handling guidelines.
• Substitutes for Lead Cook in his/her absence.
• Stores and organizes inventory.
• Removes clutter, boxes or materials ensuring no build up of items in kitchen or storage areas.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
Please contact Tammy Jordan at 610-583-2273 x114 email@example.com